2.26.2012

Passage Three: The Issue of Family and Friends

"This situation or person has been placed in your path to teach you that everyone has his or her own unique, authentic life story, and you must put yourself in that person's shoes to really understand his or her motivation."  - James Van Praagh

May 4, 2415, Planet NYE, Lokie Beach

There are some journeys you have to take alone, like when we die.  Visiting the Oracle was one of those journeys.  I hated lying to Esyrn but I couldn't bring any more trouble to him than I already have.  The purple haze filled the night sky and green fog filled the air.  My hair became damp as the the mist brushed by me as I walked through it with my pack embraced and my guard up.

"How did you convince Esryn to not come?" 

Liza questioned as we walked deeper into the unknown mist.

"I told him you were going with me."

I responded with the sounds of the ground crunching under my steps as we were now entering into the Forsaken Forest.

"What?  You did what?  He is going to know you lied.  How did he not know you were lying?  He knows about the truce treaty we have with Lucifer.  He knows I can't visit the Oracle as that would break the treaty.  He knows we don't dare go in the water."

"Look it was only a little lie, you are walking me through the forest so you are going with me part of the way."
"Yes but you know I can only take you to the Lokie sea and will not be able to continue further."
"Yes, I know, you are creatures of the air, you can fly, teleport, you're beyond magical, wise, beautiful and graceful but you don't dare mess with the water.  I know!"  

Heavy winds began to brush against my long blond hair as the night grew darker.

"Mogdron, I am only taking you this far as I wanted to try to talk some sense into you." 

She said the wrong word and flipped my crazy bitch switch.

"Sense, sense?  What sense?  Liza no one told you when your young that you will grow up to fight demons, lepruchuns, Lucifer, the vamp mafia and have to embrace who you are whether or not you are willing too. No one told you that your going to see friends die and your parents are going to be banished to a parallel universe.  No one told you that your life is going to suck and your not going to have time to fall in love and find that perfect career cause destiny is going to bitch slap you out of existence.  I thought, I could just have a flipping normal life ya know!  I never wanted to be magical, have powers and be a demon!  I look like a human, I wanted to be human!  I tried so hard to be like the humans!  I went to school, I was part of the debate team, dance team which I loved and I was so looking forward to pursuing it at Jenson's Dance School and being a dancer for the Chanice Ballet.  I had a shot which most humans don't get.  I dreamed of a flipping white house and picked fence, husband and two point five kids to be part of my future!  Now all I dream is to master my abilities well enough to take down my Aunt, disband her Vamp Mafia, kill Karajan and make those little lepruchun bastards my bitches and oh leave Nye and go to another planet to save my parents!  However the reality is I still am just trying to master what clothes to wear, how to eat right, try to be a good friend and not lose my dam mind!  All the while figuring out how to take down Lucifer and his evil brothers but I can't even figure out what flippin outfit to wear what the hell make for breakfast!  What kind of savoir am I?  I'm trying to keep it together Liza.  Really I am but I am choas wrapped in beautiful organic form just trying to unfold secretes that no one should bare witness too.  This is the dreams that I have to fulfill whether I like it or not.  I don't have time to crush on some boy, worry about my heart getting broken, go dating, do competitions, do a spa day, take a day to do nothing or go have a dam girls night out!"
"Well I guess you didn't have much on you mind did you?" 

 Liza responded and stood still to face me.  Although she was much taller than me, so that meant her looking down on me.   Although I was five foot, I was pretty much shorter than everyone except those stupid lepruchuns.  However, I could never resist Liza and looked up to her and I mean that in the literal sense, as I meet her large almond amber eyes as they locked a gaze with mine.  Something magically about her eyes, they always immediately put me in a temporary trace to calm me when I was hysterical.  Her long slender hand palmed my hand and gave a squeeze as she smiled at me and I was entranced and less aggravated.  I believed it was one of her abilities to calm down people like myself.  The air seemed to vibrate around us when she did this. 

"Mogdron life was good for you for awhile but we all have a calling in life.  Yours came to fruition sooner than you planned but you had to know chaos was soon to raise it's evil head and come knocking down your door, your father would always warn you and tried to encourage you to use your magic.  I know I was there half of the time when he did.  He knew a war was coming and you would play pivotal role in it."

Silence passed for a long moment and I looked out into the purple sky now the mist had cleared and could see the three moons unveiling through as the light began to fade and darkness seeped in.  We walked in silence for the next few miles until we neared the sea.

"I don't want you to go to the Oracle.  There has to be another way."  

Liza's concern broke the silence as we traveled on to the shore.

"Everything inside tells me that seeing the Oracle is the right thing to do.  This is where I am suppose to be right now.  I know she can help me get to Earth, she lives between the dimensions of the parallel universes.  She of all beings would know how I could get to the other planet.  I will make it out alive, I did last time and I will again."

"You barely made out alive last time." 

Esryn remark as he walked up from the shadows from behind me.

"What the FLIP!  Why are you here?  I told you, you can't come!"  I snapped at him.
"You can't tell me what to do Mog, I'm going and that's finale!  I knew Liza wasn't going with you. You had to know I knew about their issues with sea water and that you are see through.  I know you all to well."

I went quiet for a moment starring him down.  I began counting in my head to calm myself down.  I felt the air around me change and my skin becoming thick. Breath just breath, I am not ready to transform yet.  Once I got control of myself and stopped the transformation.  I looked him strait in the eye as serious of a face as I could muster.    

"You are not part water demon like me and last time we did this you almost died!  YOU ARE NOT GOING!" 

I shouted at him as he ignored me and he began stripping and putting  on his wet suit.  Rage was beginning to surface and when it did bad things always happened.  Ten, nine, eight....breath in and breath out.....seven...six....five...breath in and breath out...four...three....two.....breath in and breath out...one....phew ok, I can do this with out changing.  I won't hurt him...this time.  I kept my eyes on Liza as she kept her focus on me and I could feel my body relax.  I realized I need to try a different approach with him.

"How are you going to make it to the caves thirty leagues beneath the sea when you can't breath?  What about the water pressure?  Your so called spell last time gave out remember?" 

I put my bag down and said a spell to make it a bracelet that fastened around my wrist.

"Yeah well I worked out the kinks on the spell and have practiced it enough to know it will hold up this time.  You're not getting rid of me, I'm going with you and I am going to help you get there and get back."

"I don't want you to go Esryn, I can't handle losing you or worse...what if you live and you're permanently hurt!"

"Wow that was what I was getting at with you!"  Liza interjected.  I shot her a look and narrowed my eyes to warn her to stay out of it.  Esyrn continued to ignore me and zipped up his wet suit and walked to the water with the purple waves flow back and forth over his feet.  He looked back at me indicating he was waiting for me.

"Sheesh!  Fine but I'm not happy about it!"   

I scowled at him as I removed my clothes and I did a spell to make it a link on my bracelet, attached it and ran into the water.  The water was fierce as the chill embraced my fair skin which quickly changed to emeralds scales and the water's cold temperatures no longer bothered me.  My nails became hard spikes, my stomach sunk in as my chest puffed out and my gills opened up along my back as I was now completely emerged in the embrace of the sea and breathed in the water.  I could see Esyrn's sphere around him and hoped all the odds were in our favor and his magic would hold up and his spell would not fail him.  He had his oxygen tanks attached and joined me in the water.  

naejadnil(c)2.2015

No comments:

Post a Comment